On-Demand Program: “Surgical Site Infection Reduction Strategies in Spine Surgery: Perioperative Considerations”
Center for Healing Solutions & 3M Health Care Academy* present…an On-Demand Program: “Surgical Site Infection Reduction Strategies in Spine Surgery: Perioperative Considerations”
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the clinical and economic burden of surgical site complications and surgical site infections (SSIs)
- Review the importance of pre-, intra-, and postoperative management strategies & best practices to reduce the risk of SSIs
- Explain unintended perioperative hypothermia, and illustrate why prewarming is beneficial in the prevention of unintended perioperative hypothermia
- Examine the role of closed incision negative pressure wound therapy (ciNPT) for Incision and Surrounding Soft Tissue Management to help reduce the risk of surgical site complications, hospital readmissions & post-op follow-up appointments
- Explore, via cases, best practices & technique tips to manage the surgical site and enhance post-operative recovery through the use of ciNPT
Target Audience: This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, and physician assistants in orthopedic surgery.
- Provided by North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME), an HMP Global Company.
- 1.00 AAPA
- 1.00 CME
- 1.00 CNE
- 1.00 Participation
- CLAIMING CREDIT | To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
- Release Date: March 31, 2021
- Expiration Date: November 30, 2022
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
This program is supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division
Questions should be directed to: NACCME at 609-371-1137; email@example.com
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.