“Healthcare-Associated Infection Mini-Summit”
Sepsis Alliance Institute* and Merck* presents…“Healthcare-Associated Infection Mini-Summit” a virtual half-day conference
According to the CDC, one in every 31 patients contracts at least one healthcare-associated infection (HAI) daily. And HAIs have increased dramatically during the COVID-19 pandemic—some, such as central line bloodstream infections (CLABSIs), increased as much as 47% in 2020.
Attention must be refocused on reducing these numbers. Please join the Sepsis Alliance Institute* for the second Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) Mini-Summit. The HAI Mini-Summit will offer a free, virtual 3.5-hour clinical program on a range of topics in the area of HAIs, including:
- Peripheral intravenous line-associated bloodstream infections;
- Non-ventilator hospital-acquired pneumonia;
- CAUTIs & CLABSIs;
- Antimicrobial stewardship & HAIs.
Attendees will hear expert presentations on current clinical knowledge and recommendations for infection prevention and treatment to improve clinical outcomes. This event is free for registrants and will offer CE contact hours for nurses.
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Restate the epidemiology and burden of HAIs;
- Identify strategies for analyzing and improving HAI initiatives;
- Outline available HAI tools and resources to assist in engaging frontline providers and reinvigorating infection prevention initiatives.
Cindy Hou, DO, MA, MBA, FACOI, FACP, FIDSA | Infection Control Officer | Jefferson Health, New Jersey
Dian Baker, Ph.D., NP, RN | Professor, School of Nursing | California State University, Sacramento
Mary M. Duncan, RN, MSN, CIC | Sr. Directo of Infection Prevention | University of Alabama, Birmingham
Karen Giuliano, Ph.D., RN, MBA, FAAN | Center for Nursing & Engineering Innovation | University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Armando Nahum | President & Co-Founder | Safe Care Campaign
Kathleen Volman, MSN, RN, CCNS, FCCM, FCNS, FAAN | Critical Care Nurse Specialist | Consultant, Advancing Nursing, LLC
Target Audience: Nurses, advanced practice providers, physicians, emergency responders, pharmacists, medical technologists, respiratory therapists, physical/occupational therapists, infection prevention specialists, data/quality specialists, and more.
Continuing Education: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17068 for 4.2 contact hours. Other healthcare providers will receive a certificate of attendance for 3.5 contact hours.
This event is supported by an unrestricted medical education grant from Merck* to Sepsis Alliance. All event speakers are participating on a voluntary basis; participation does not indicate a relationship between the speakers and Merck or other Sepsis Alliance supporters.
* NOTE: This is a supplier and/or industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.