On-demand program: “Structuring the Management of Skin Injuries in the Acute Setting: Leveraging Innovation to Improve Outcomes”
Center for Healing Solutions & 3M Health Care & HMP Education* present an…On-demand program: “Structuring the Management of Skin Injuries in the Acute Setting: Leveraging Innovation to Improve Outcomes”
LEARNING OBJECTIVES | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Correlate the incidence of moisture associated skin damage (MASD) with a patient’s risk for pressure injury/ulcer (PI/U) development and explore clinical challenges in the differential diagnosis of MASD versus PI/U
- Examine the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society’s new ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for Moisture-Associated Skin Damage (MASD)
- Examine the use of advanced skin protectants for the prevention and treatment of MASD
- Explore, via cases, strategies to manage the spectrum of MASD
- Donna J. Cartwright, MPA, RHIA, CCS, RAC, FAHIMA | President | Donna J. Cartwright and Associates, LLC | Princeton, New Jersey
- Elizabeth Faust, MSN, NP | Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse Practitioner | Tower Health System | Leesport, Pennsylvania
- Mary Anne R. Obst, BSN, RN, CWON | Complex Wound Specialist | Regions Hospital | St. Paul, Minnesota
TARGET AUDIENCE: This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, podiatrists, and physical therapists.
CE CREDIT | This on-demand webcast is available as a synchronized video with slides. To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: April 30, 2022
Expiration Date: November 30, 2023
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provided by HMP Education, an HMP Global Company. Supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division
Questions should be directed to: call 609-371-1137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.