On-Demand Program: “High pH Can be Harmful to Wound Healing and the Reverse is Also True”
Urgo Medical* and HMP Global Learning Network present an On-Demand Webcast…“High pH Can be Harmful to Wound Healing and the Reverse is Also True”
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Examine how pH orchestrates the behavior of many wound cell types, the ECM, and key biomolecules
- List the ideal zone of pH that is on the “acidic side” that created an ideal healing environment
- Correlate a pH higher than in the “Goldilocks zone” as a contributor of pathogen growth in skin and wound, while suppressing the growth of harmless commensal type organisms
- Examine treatment therapies that are formulated to keep the wound in the acidic zone
Michael N. Desvigne, M.D., FACS, CWS, FACCWS | Private Practice | Abrazo Arrowhead Hospital & Wound Center | Glendale, AZ
Joyce Black, Ph.D., RN | Professor | University of Nebraska Medical Center | Waterloo, NE
Matthew Mark Melin, M.D., FACS, RPVI, FACCWS | Medical Director | Wound Healing Institute, South Campus | M Health Fairview | University of Minnesota | Plymouth, MN
Gregory Schultz, Ph.D. | Professor Emeritus of Obstetrics & Gynecology | University of Florida | Gainesville, FL
Target Audience: Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Podiatrists and Physical Therapists
Continuing Education: In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: April 30, 2022
Expiration Date: April 30, 2023
Estimated Time to Complete: 1.00 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
HMP Education is an independent provider of continuing medical education. HMP Education has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority. Please see registration site for additional information and disclosures.
* NOTE: This is a supplier and/or industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.