On-Demand: “The Biofilm-Associated Impact on Surgical Outcomes”
Next Science Group & NACCME* present…“The Biofilm-Associated Impact on Surgical Outcomes”
This accredited, on-demand activity features presentations that discuss new technologies and the latest evidence supporting the need for a definitive anti-biofilm treatment at the time of surgery.
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Investigate gaps in evidence for timely treatment of biofilm in the immediate and intra-operative period
- Explore the issues that need to be considered in developing performance standards for anti-biofilm therapeutics
- Assess data supporting the need for a definitive anti-biofilm treatment at the time of surgery
- Examine approaches to evaluating new surgical anti-biofilm technology
Faculity: Thorsten M. Seyler, M.D., Ph.D. | Department of Orthopaedic Surgery | Duke University School of Medicine & Paul Stoodley, Ph.D. | Infectious Diseases Institute | The Ohio State University
Target Audience: Nurses, Physician Assistants, Physicians (General Surgeons & Plastic Surgeons) & Podiatrists
- In support of improving patient care, NACCME is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- NACCME designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 2.0 Contact Hours for Nurses, Physician Assistants, Physicians and Podiatrists
- To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the pre-test, watch the webcast, and compelte the evaluation by August 30, 2021. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
- Release Date: May 29, 2020; Expiration Date: Aug. 30, 2021; Estimated Time to Complete: 2 hours
There is no fee associated with this 2-hour program. This program is supported by an educational grant from Next Science Group
Questions should be directed to: NACCME at 609-371-1137; firstname.lastname@example.org
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.