On-demand program: “The Triad of Patient Preparation”
3M Health Care Academy* presents…an on-demand program, “THE TRIAD OF PATIENT PREPARATION: Nasal Decolonization, Skin Preparation & Incisional Drapes A Comprehensive Approach to Reducing Surgical Site Infections & Complications”
This is a complimentary 1-hour CME/CNE/AAPA/AANP-Accredited On-Demand Webcast, designed for infusion and vascular access nurses, infection preventionists and other
healthcare professionals involved in infection prevention.
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of the triad of patient preparation in reducing surgical site infections (SSIs) and complications
- Explore the clinical evidence supporting the use of nasal decolonization, skin preparation and incisional drapes in SSI prevention
- Explain the economic impact of SSIs and the cost effectiveness of implementing a bundled approach to patient preparation
- Develop an action plan for implementing a comprehensive patient preparation bundle in your healthcare facility
Jacqueline Daley, HBSc, MLT, CIC, CSPDS, FAPIC | South Division California Director, Infection Prevention | Providence Health Services
Franklin Dexter, M.D., Ph.D., FASA | Professor in the Department of Anesthesia | University of Iowa
Target audience: This activity is designed for infusion and vascular access nurses, infection preventionists and other healthcare professionals involved in infection prevention.
CE Credit is available for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners & physician assistants
Additional Continuing Education info: This on-demand webcast is available with synchronized slides and video. To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the educational activity, complete the 4-question post-test with a minimum score of 70%, and complete the activity evaluation form. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: August 31, 2023
Expiration Date: November 30, 2024
Estimated Time to Complete: 1.00 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
Supported by an independent educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division.
* NOTE: This is a contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.