On-Demand Program “The Balancing Effect: The Influence of pH on Chronic Wound Healing”
Urgo Medical* and HMP Global Learning Network present an On-Demand Webcast…“The Balancing Effect: The Influence of pH on Chronic Wound Healing”
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Explain association between wound pH and healing process and progress
- Correlate the beneficial impact of slightly acidic pH in controlling wound infection, increasing antimicrobial activity, altering protease activity, releasing oxygen, reducing toxicity of bacterial end products, and enhancing epithelialization and angiogenesis
- Recognize the deleterious effects of high pH in the wound bed and the ability of high pH to encourage pathogen growth
- Examine the importance of purity of hypochlorous acid preservative in a cleanser solution, and the role of the low pH
Matthew M. Melin, M.D., FACS, RPVI, FACCWS | Medical Director, Wound Healing Institute, South Campus | M Health Fairview | Professor | Department of Surgery | University of Minnesota | Minneapolis, MN
Paul J. Kim, DPM, MS, FACFAS | Professor | Departments of Plastic Surgery & Orthopedic Surgery | Medical Director | Wound Program | University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center | Dallas, TX
Gregory Schultz, Ph.D. | Professor Emeritus of Obstetrics & Gynecology | University of Florida | Gainesville, FL
Target Audience: Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Podiatrists and Physical Therapists
Continuing Education: In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: March 31, 2022
Expiration Date: March 31, 2023
Estimated Time to Complete: 1.00 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
HMP Education is an independent provider of continuing medical education. HMP Education has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority. Please see registration site for additional information and disclosures.
* NOTE: This is a supplier and/or industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.