On-demand program: “Strategies & Techniques for Transitioning NPWT Across the Continuum”
3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division* and HMP Global Learning Network* present…an on-demand program: “Strategies & Techniques for Transitioning NPWT Across the Continuum”
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Assess the prevalence of hospital readmissions, the economic impact, and the importance of preventing readmissions to improve wound healing
- Examine common challenges associated with discharging a NPWT patient to the post-acute care setting and the steps to develop a comprehensive discharge plan
- Recognize the importance of periwound management in the post-acute care setting and investigate the use of hybrid drapes in the prevention and management of periwound breakdown
- Explore, via cases, best practices on the transition of negative pressure wound therapy to post-acute care
Dot M. Weir, RN, CWON, CWS (moderator) | Clinician / Educator | Saratoga Hospital Wound Healing
Elizabeth Faust, MSN, CRNP, CSWS, CWOCN-AP, MAPWCA | CRNP, WOCN | Reading Hospital
Emily Greenstein, APRN, CNP, CWON-AP, FACCWS | Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse Practitioner | Sanford Health Fargo | Rasmussen College
Robert J. Klein, DPM, FACFAS, CWS, FFPM RCPS (Glasgow) | Associate Professor of Surgery | University of South Carolina School of Medicine – Greenville
Target audience: This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, podiatrists and physical therapists.
Continuing Education: This on-demand webcast is available as a synchronized video with slides. To be eligible for documentation of credit, participants must
complete the educational activity, complete the post-test with a score of 75% or better, and complete the evaluation form. Upon completing the activity there will be instructions
on how to print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: June 7, 2023
Expiration Date: November 30, 2024
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
CONTINUING EDUCATION | In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Note: This statement is not an indication of approved credits. Please see below for full accreditation details, including credit types and totals, for this activity.
HMP Education is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. HMP Education has approved this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 continuing education contact hour.
HMP Education complies with the legal requirements of the American with Disabilities Act and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please call 609.371.1137.
This activity is supported by an education grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division*
Questions should be directed to HMP Global: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609.371.1137
* NOTE: This is a contracted supplier and/or industry-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.