On-demand program: “Patient-Pathway to Wound Management: Examining the Use of Silicone-Acrylic Drape with NPWT”
Center for Healing Solutions & 3M Health Care & HMP Education* present an…On-demand program: “Patient-Pathway to Wound Management: Examining the Use of Silicone-Acrylic Drape
LEARNING OBJECTIVES | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Investigate challenges associated with the use of medical adhesives associated with wound care products on periwound skin and the increased risk of patient’s developing medical-adhesive-related skin injury
- Examine limitations of traditional drapes (challenges with repositioning and drape removal)
- Assess features of a novel hybrid polyurethane drape with acrylic adhesive and a silicone for use with negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT)
- Explore cases illustrating the use of NPWT with hybrid drape over anatomically challenging wounds
- Amanda Estapa, ACNP-BC, CWS, FACCWS, DAPWCA | Vice President of Clinical Services – MedCentris | Hammond, Louisiana
- Matthew G. Garoufalis, DPM, FASPS, FACPM, CWS, FFPM RCPS (Glasg), FRSM | Medical Director – Professional Foot Care Specialists, PC | Chicago, Illinois
- Robert J. Klein, DPM, FACFAS, CWS | Associate Professor of Surgery | University of South Carolina School of Medicine – Greenville | USC School of Medicine – Greenville | Greenville, South Carolina
TARGET AUDIENCE: This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, podiatrists, and physical therapists.
CE CREDIT | This on-demand webcast is available as a synchronized video with slides. To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: April 30, 2022
Expiration Date: November 30, 2023
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provided by HMP Education, an HMP Global Company. Supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division
Questions should be directed to: call 609-371-1137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.