On-demand Program: “Head to Toe Team Approach to Wound Management: Harnessing Innovations in Negative Pressure Wound Therapy”
An event every month that begins at 12:00 am on day 14 of the month, repeating until November 30, 2024
3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division* and HMP Global Learning Network* present…an on-demand program: “Head to Toe Team Approach to Wound Management: Harnessing Innovations in Negative Pressure Wound Therapy”
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Examine the latest innovations in negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT)
- Describe a holistic approach to wound managing harnessing the versatility of NPWT from taking a wound from stalled, to jump-starting healing to closure
- Explore cases illustrating the utility of and advances in negative pressure wound therapy in tackling wounds from head to toe
- Employ a team approaching to optimize patient outcomes with NPWT
Paul J. Kim, DPM, MS, FACFAS | Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, Department of Orthopedic Surgery | Medical Director, Wound Program | University of Texas Southwestern
Alisha Oropallo, M.D., FSVS, FACS, FABWMS | Professor, Department of Surgery, Hofstra University/Northwell | Director, Comprehensive Wound Healing Center | Northwell Health
Devinder Singh, M.D. | Chief, Professor, and Program Director | Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Target audience: This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, podiatrists and physical therapists.
Continuing Education: This on-demand webcast is available as a synchronized video with slides. To be eligible for documentation of credit, participants must
complete the educational activity, complete the post-test with a score of 75% or better, and complete the evaluation form. Upon completing the activity there will be instructions
on how to print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: June 7, 2023
Expiration Date: November 30, 2024
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
For questions regarding this educational activity, please call 609.371.1137.
CONTINUING EDUCATION | In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Note: This statement is not an indication of approved credits. Please see below for full accreditation details, including credit types and totals, for this activity.
HMP Education is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. HMP Education has approved this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 continuing education contact hour.
HMP Education complies with the legal requirements of the American with Disabilities Act and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please call 609.371.1137.
This activity is supported by an education grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division*
Questions should be directed to HMP Global: firstname.lastname@example.org
* NOTE: This is a contracted supplier and/or industry-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.