“Nursing Management of the Open Abdomen in the Acute Care Setting”
HoverTech* presents…“Nursing Management of the Open Abdomen in the Acute Care Setting”
This webinar will discuss the nursing management of the open abdomen in the acute care setting.
Learning Outcomes | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Define Abdominal Compartment Syndrome
- Describe Risk Factors for Open Abdomen
- Define Open Abdomen
- Review Nursing Management of the Open Abdomen pertaining to Thermoregulation
- Pain Management, Fluid Management, Nutrition, and Skin Assessment
- Discuss the Best Practice for Positioning
- Discuss Pressure Injury Prevention
- Review of the Braden Scale
Presenters: Shosha M. Beal, MSN, RN & Dr. Cynthia Sylvia, D NURS, MSc, MA, RN, CWCN
Attendees will have the opportunity to earn One (1) Contact Hour by completing the Evaluation Form that will be emailed after the LIVE session. This webinar will be recorded for those who wish to attend but cannot make it to the LIVE session. The recording will be sent to ALL registrants after the LIVE session has concluded. Participants who watch the recording still have the same opportunity to earn One (1) Contact Hour.
* NOTE: This is a contracted supplier and/or industry-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as an endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.