“Advancing Nursing Impact on Health Equity: AORN DEI Summit”
Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)* and Pfiedler Education* present…“Advancing Nursing Impact on Health Equity: AORN DEI Summit”
Join AORN and national speakers for a first-of-its-kind Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Summit live online.
This program will empower nurses from all specialties and backgrounds with the knowledge and strategies to take specific actions that reduce health disparities and improve patient outcomes. You will:
- Explore the impact of systemic inequalities on health outcomes.
- Examine nursing’s power in advocating for policy shifts.
- Gain an understanding of health equity’s relationship to patient outcomes.
- Learn strategies to assess and address disparities.
- Create an individual action plan to address health disparities and bias in your own practice.
Presenters and Agenda:
Equity-Driven Nursing Leadership: Activating Change Through Advocacy and Policy | Adrianna Nava, PhD, MPA, MSN, RN | Research Scientist, National Committee for Quality Assurance
Are we hearing or are we listening? | Rani Morrison Williams, MS, MSW, LCSW, FACHE, CDE | Chief Diversity & Community Health Equity Officer, UI Health
Individual Nurse Experience: An Honest Conversation | Panelists: Nakeisha Washington, MSN, MBA-HCM, RN, CNOR, Joanne Muyco, DNP, RN, NE-BC, CNOR, Travis Reece-Nguyen, M.D. and Paula Neira, JD, MSN, RN, CEN, FAAN
Target Audience: Nurses from all specialties and backgrounds are invited for a national discussion on DEI topics that directly impact your patients’ care.
Continuing Education: 2.5 Credit Hours. Registration is required and attendance is free.
* NOTE: This is a supplier and/or industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.