“WOCN Wound Education Day: Embracing the Evidence to Teach, Prevent & Heal”
3M Health Care,* and the WOCN Society* present…”WOCN Wound Education Day: Embracing the Evidence to Teach, Prevent & Heal”
Join us LIVE on Saturday, December 9, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM EST for the inaugural WOCN® Wound Education Day!
This event is a FREE online experience aimed at advancing wound care through education and equipping wound care professionals with the most current evidence-based knowledge to teach, prevent and effectively heal even the most challenging wounds.
Brought to you by WOCN®, the most trusted organization in the field of wound care education for over 50 years, this full day of engagement and education features nine (9) sessions brought to you by experienced wound, ostomy, and continence (WOC) nursing professionals and subject matter experts and will award a total of 6.75 Contact Hours.
- Welcome & Guidelines to Guide Your Practice, Presenter: Dea J. Kent, DNP, RN, NP-C, CWOCN
- Wounds are Like a Box of Chocolates: You Never Know What You’re Going to Get: Wound Assessment & Pressure Injury Staging, Presenter: Janice M. Beitz, PhD, RN, CS, CNOR, CWOCN-AP, CRNP, ANEF, FNAP, WOCNF, FAAN
- It’s About TIME! Wound Bed Preparation Made Easy, Presenter: JoAnn Ermer-Seltun, MS, RN, ARNP, FNP-BC, CWOCN, CFCN
- Managing Microclimate, Presenter: Mikel Gray, PhD, FNP, PNP, CUNP, CCCN-AP, WOCNF, FAANP, FAAN
- Nutrition in Wound Healing, Presenter: Elizabeth Friedrich, MPH, RDN, CSG, LDN, FAND, NWCC
- Medical Adhesive Related Skin Injuries (MARSI), Presenter: Debra Thayer, MS, RN, CWOCN
- Differential Assessment & Management of Lower Extremity Wounds, Presenter: Dorothy Doughty, MN, RN, CWOCN, FAAN
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Across the Continuum, Presenter: Catherine T. Milne, MSN, APRN, ANP/ACNS-BC, CWOCN-AP
- Infection: The Bugs Amongst the Wounds & Closing, Presenter: Debra Netsch, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, CNP, CWOCN-AP, CFCN
Continuing Education: Contact Hours: 6.75. The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 15115.
All access registration is free for all attendees, but registration is required. You do not have to be a member of WOCN to join us.
WOCN Wound Education Day is funded through an educational grant from 3M Health Care*. The WOCN Society does not endorse specific products and services.
Questions? Contact the WOCN National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*NOTE: This is an industry resource and/or contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.