“Patient Pathways to Managing Wounds & Skin Complications in the Acute-care Setting: A Case-Based Exploration”
3M Health Care*as a part of its summer WoundCon series presents…“Patient Pathways to Managing Wounds & Skin Complications in the Acute-care Setting: A Case-Based Exploration”
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Explore, via cases, the variety of wounds in patients presenting to the acute-care setting and current trends in wound healing.
- Analyze existing evidence related to the management and prevention of periwound skin damage
- Assess novel drape solutions and advanced skin protectants to manage and protect periwound skin
- Examine the latest innovations in negative pressure wound therapy with instillation and dwell to optimize efficient patient care and outcomes
- Kara S. Couch, MS, CRNP, CWCN-AP, FAAWC | Nurse Practitioner | George Washington University Hospital
- Elizabeth Faust, MSN, CRNP, CWS, CWOCN-AP, DAPWCA | Nurse Practitioner and Wound, Ostomy and Continence specialist | Tower Health System
- Catherine T. Milne, MSN, APRN, CWOCN-AP | Co-Owner | Connecticut Clinical Nursing Associates
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Questions can be directed to: 609.371.1137.
INTENDED LEARNERS: This activity is designed for clinicians across all practice settings involved in the prevention, treatment, and management of patients with wounds.
- ACCREDITATION: In support of improving patient care, HMP Education (HMP EDUCATION) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- HMP Education (HMP EDUCATION) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. HMP EDUCATION has approved each activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour.
Provided by HMP Education, an HMP Global Company. Supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division.
* NOTE: This is a supplier and/or industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.