On Demand: “Techniques and Technologies for Reducing the Risk of Complications in Orthopaedic Lower Extremity Surgery”
The Center for Healing Solutions* and 3M Health Care*, Medical Solutions Division present…“Techniques and Technologies for Reducing the Risk of Complications in Orthopaedic Lower Extremity Surgery”
Target Audience: This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of patients undergoing orthopadic lower extremity surgery.
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Describe the negative impact of surgical site infections
- Examine technologies and techniques that help reduce SSIs and seromas
- Tips and pearls for successful outcomes in lower extremity surgery
- Review recent evidence examining the importance of using negative pressure therapy for incision and surrounding tissue management
- Discuss case examples of outcomes associated with negative pressure therapy in complex lower extremity cases
Presenters: Ravi Karia, M.D. | Chief, Division of Orthopaedic Trauma | Executive Vice Chair, Department of Orthopaedics | Fred G. Corley Chair in OrthopaedicsAssociate Professor, UT Health San Antonio | San Antonio, Texas
Continuing education: Provided by North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME), an HMP Global Company.
Support provided by educational grants and/or in-kind support: 3M Health Care*, Medical Solutions Division
For questions regarding this educational activity, please call 609-371-1137 or email email@example.com.
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and/or contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.