On-demand program: “Patient-Pathway to Wound Management: Cascading Approach to VLU Management”
Center for Healing Solutions & 3M Health Care & HMP Education* present an…On-demand program: “Patient-Pathway to Wound Management: Cascading Approach to VLU Management”
LEARNING OBJECTIVES | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Review best practices in compression therapy and skin and wound care to optimize VLU management
- Recognize the critical importance of compression therapy as the cornerstone of VLU management
- Examine the role of dressings and mechanically powered negative pressure wound therapy to support VLU healing
- Examine case results for the use of an aseptically processed acellular meshed reticular dermal matrix to help restore tissue and create a scaffolding for autologous skin grafting for recalcitrant VLUs
- Terry Treadwell, M.D., FACS, FAAWC | Medical Director, Institute for Advanced Wound Care | Montgomery, Alabama
- Emily Greenstein, APRN, CNP,CWON-AP, FACCWS | Sanford Health | Fargo, North Dakota
- Dot Weir, RN, CWON, CWS | Saratoga Hospital Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine | Saratoga Springs, New York
TARGET AUDIENCE: This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, podiatrists, and physical therapists.
CE CREDIT | This on-demand webcast is available as a synchronized video with slides. To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: April 30, 2022
Expiration Date: November 30, 2023
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provided by HMP Education, an HMP Global Company. Supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division
Questions should be directed to: call 609-371-1137 or email email@example.com.
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.