On-Demand Program: “Leveraging Compression Therapy for Reducing Lower Extremity Edema”
April 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 8:00 am on day 7 of the month, repeating until November 29, 2024
3M*Healthcare Academy and HMP Education present…“Leveraging Compression Therapy for Reducing Lower Extremity Edema”
Join our presenters to discuss strategies for Reducing Lower Extremity Edema.
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the critical importance of compression therapy as the cornerstone of VLU management
- Review best practices in compression therapy and skin and wound care to optimize VLU management
- Explore clinical decision-making prior to implementing compression to manage edema across the spectrum
- Evaluate the science and clinical application of 2-layer compression therapy
- Investigate the use of compression wraps to manage edema associated with diabetic ulcers
Emily Greenstein, APRN, CNP, CWON-AP, FACCWS | Nurse Practitioner | Sanford Health | Rasmussen College | West Fargo, North Dakota
Terry Treadwell, M.D., FACS, FAAWC | General Surgeon, Wound & Burn Care Specialist | Montgomery, Alabama
Target Audience: This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants & podiatrists across all practice settings involved in the prevention, treatment & management of patients with wounds.
Continuing Education: In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Note: This statement is not an indication of approved credits. Please visit the accreditation page for full accreditation details, including credit types and totals, for this activity.
HMP Education is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education
as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. HMP Education has approved this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 continuing education contact hour.
This on-demand webcast is available with synchronized slides and video.
To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the educational activity, complete the 4-question post-test with a minimum score of 70%, and complete the activity evaluation form. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: August 31, 2023
Expiration Date: November 30, 2024
Estimated Time to Complete: 1.00 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
Questions: please call 609-371-1137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The activity is best supported via a computer or device with current versions of the following browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. A PDF reader is required for print publications.
Provided by HMP Education, an HMP Global Company. Supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division.
* NOTE: This is a supplier and/or industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.