On-Demand Program: “Leg Ulcer and Compression Day”
Urgo Medical* and HMP Global Learning Network present an On-Demand Webcast…“Leg Ulcer and Compression Day”
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of venous insufficiency and etiology of venous ulcers
- Evaluate the role of compression therapy, as gold standard, in treating venous disease and venous ulcers
- Review and compare and contrast the various types of compression, e.g socks, bandages, pneumatics
- Explore patient centric and clinician centric concerns to optimizing gold standard management
- Review available evidence on the efficacy, safety, and tolerance of various compression modalities
- Identify other conditions which may or may not be associated with venous reflux such as lymphedema, or diabetes related edema with/without diabetic ulcers
- Examine the engineering of compression fabrics
Louis Pilati, M.D. | Medical Director Wound Healing and hyperbaric Medicine Center | Assistant Professor Emergency Medicine | Kettering Medical Center | Springboro, OH
Karen L. Bauer, DNP, CWS, FAAWC | Director of Wound and Vascular Services | University of Toledo | Sylvania, OH
John C. Lantis, II, M.D. | Chief and Professor of Surgery | Mount Sinai West and the Icahn School of Medicine | Icahn School of Medicine | New York, NY
Lucian G. Vlad, M.D. | Assoc. Professor | Wake Forest School of Medicine | Winston-Salem, NC
Suzie Ehmann, DPT, Ph.D.(c), CWS, CLT-LANA | Clinical Specialist | Atrium Health Stanly | North Myrtle Beach, SC
Target Audience: Physicians, Nursing Professionals, Physical Therapists, Researchers, Scientists, Podiatrists and Dietitians across all practice settings involved in wound healing or wound care issues.
Continuing Education: In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: November 14, 2022
Expiration Date: November 14, 2023
Estimated Time to Complete: 4.00 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
HMP Education is an independent provider of continuing medical education. HMP Education has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority. Please see registration site for additional information and disclosures.
* NOTE: This is a supplier and/or industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.
- June 14
September 24|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Sunday, repeating indefinitely
September 28|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 12:00 am on day 28 of the month, repeating until November 28, 2024