On-demand CE program: “Sepsis: Pediatric First Response”
Sepsis Alliance Network* presents…”Sepsis: Pediatric First Response”
Course expires: 11/30/2022
Providers play a decisive role in the identification and early treatment of children who have sepsis. This training module shows prehospital and emergency medicine clinicians how to identify, assess, and begin treatment for pediatric patients with sepsis. In addition, coordination of care with emergency department and critical care staff is discussed. Providers will learn the latest update, as well as take home knowledge of how they can make the biggest difference for the littlest patients.
Learning Objectives | At the end of the program attendees should be able to:
- Differentiate sepsis versus septic shock.
- Describe the role of prehospital providers in the identification, assessment and treatment of pediatric patients with sepsis and septic shock.
- Contrast the presentation and treatment of pediatric vs adult patients with sepsis and septic shock.
- Explain how prehospital providers can identify the presence of infection-related triggers for sepsis.
- Explain the role of clinical measurements such as blood pressure, lactate, end-tidal CO2, and temperature in the identification and assessment of pediatric patients with sepsis and septic shock.
- Prioritize treatment tools and techniques for pediatric patients experiencing sepsis and septic shock.
- Justify the escalation or termination of fluid resuscitation / vasopressor administration for patients experiencing septic shock.
Rommie L. Duckworth, BS, LP | Emergency responder, author & educator
Charles G. Macias, M.D., MPH | Chief Quality Officer & Vice Chair of Quality | University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s System of Care & Division Chief for Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Target audience: Emergency responders, nurses & physicians
Continuing Education Credit:
- 2.50 RN CE Contact Hours | Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17068.
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ | This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Children’s Hospital Alliance and the Sepsis Alliance. The Children’s Hospital Alliance is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.50 Participation
Course expires: 11/30/2022. Questions should be directed to The Sepsis Institute of Sepsis Alliance.
This educational activity has been a Joint Collaboration between Children’s Hospital Association & Sepsis Alliance
* NOTE: This is an industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.