“Nutrition & Wounds: Implementing an Evidence-Based Plan of Care”
The National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel & Abbott Nutrition Health Institute* present…“Nutrition & Wounds: Implementing an Evidence-Based Plan of Care”
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be ale to:
- Review current evidence-based nutrition care recommendations for the prevention and treatment of pressure injuries.
- Discuss the role and implementation of the newly released Standardized Pressure Injury Prevention Protocol Checklist (SPIPP- Adult) 2.0.
- Describe the process for healthcare professionals to implement nutrition care recommendations into actionable steps and include them as part of a patient plan of care.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to deliver nutritional supplementation to patients in a timely, safe and evidence-based manner.
Nancy Munoz, DCN, MHA, RDN, FAND | Chief Nutrition and Food Services | Southern Nevada VA System | North Las Vegas
Megan Norwood, MBA, MS, RDN, LD, CNSC | Director, Clinical Nutrition | Supply Chain Solutions | HealthTrust | Nashville, TN
- Participants can only claim credit for one of the learning formats (webinar, group program, or self-study). To receive credit for the self-study program, participants must view the self-study program independently and complete the post-test and evaluation to obtain their certificate.
- Abbott Nutrition Health Institute is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 11213.
- Abbott Nutrition Health Institute is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs) for completion of these activities/materials.
- Continuing Professional Education Provider Accreditation does not constitute endorsement by CDR of a provider, program, or materials. If you have questions or concerns about an ANHI program meeting accreditation standards, please contact us or provide feedback to CDR.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
* NOTE: This is an industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.