“Improving Transitions of NPWT to Post-Acute Care”
3M Health Care* and Medical Solutions Division and HMP Global Company* present…”Improving Transitions of NPWT to Post-Acute Care”
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Examine the prevalence of hospital readmissions, the economic impact and the importance of preventing readmissions to improve wound healing
- Identify common challenges associated with discharging a NPWT patient to the post-acute care setting and the steps to develop a comprehensive discharge plan
- Recognize the importance of periwound management in the post-acute care setting and investigate the use of hybrid drapes in the prevention and management of periwound breakdown
- Explore best practice models and tips and tricks for optimizing the use of NPWT in the post-acute care setting
Target audience: This internet live activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, podiatrists and dietitians across all practice settings involved in the prevention, treatment and management of patients with wounds.
Emily Greenstein, APRN, CNP, CWON-AP, FACCWS | Certified Wound & Ostomy Nurse Practitioner | Sanford Health Fargo
Kersten Reider, CRNP, CWOCN AGPNP-C, CWOCN | Integrated Medical Group, PC
Continuing Education: Continuing Education credits for this internet live activity is provided by HMP Education. This internet live activity will take place from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM on Wednesday, March 8, 2023. There is no fee associated with this activity.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RECEIVING DOCUMENTATION OF CREDIT
To be eligible for documentation of credit, participants must attend the educational activity and complete the online evaluation form within 4 weeks of the program. After successful completion of the evaluation form online, participants may immediately print their documentation of credit.
In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is supported by an education grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division*
Questions should be directed to HMP Global: email@example.com
* NOTE: This is a contracted supplier and/or industry-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.