“Getting it Right: How a Comprehensive ERAS With Nutrition Intervention Rapidly Reduced Colon Surgical Site Infections”
January 31 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Abbott* presents…“Getting it Right: How a Comprehensive ERAS With Nutrition Intervention Rapidly Reduced Colon Surgical Site Infections”
This webinar is part of the Improving Lives Through Nutrition Webinar series. In this session, physician and dietitian presenters from Navicent Health will discuss:
- The components of a successful colon ERAS protocol
- How to build a colon ERAS team
- Reliable outcomes measurements
- Review the use of preoperative carbohydrate loading beverages up to two hours preoperatively
- The use of immunonutrition supplements pre- and post-op
- Strategies to improve patient compliance with nutrition interventions
Millie Smith, MS, RD, LD, CNSC | Systems Clinical Nutrition Manager | Navicent Health
William M. Thompson, Jr., M.D., FACS | Associate Professor of Surgery Associate Chair | Clinical Education Department of Surgery | Mercer University School of Medicine Medical Center | Navicent Health
Target audience: Dietitians, Nurses, Physicians
Note from Abbott: In accordance with PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, attendance at this program is limited to healthcare professionals. Accordingly, attendance by guests or spouse is not appropriate. This program is not intended for continuing education credits for any healthcare.
Questions should be directed to Abbott: Hamchan Agit at AbbottNutrition@curryrockefellergroup.com; (866) 719-9153
* NOTE: This is a contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any pa, rticular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.