On-demand program: “Reducing Hospital Readmissions by Optimizing Surgical Outcomes: Strategies for Success”
Center for Healing Solutions & 3M Health Care Academy* present an…On-demand program: “Reducing Hospital Readmissions by Optimizing Surgical Outcomes: Strategies for Success”
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the clinical and economic burden of surgical site complications and surgical site infections
- Explore current challenges wound care practitioners face in the midst of a pandemic
- Examine strategies on how to keep patients out of the hospital
- Explore the role of closed incision negative pressure wound therapy (ciNPWT) for incision and surrounding soft tissue management to help reduce the risk of surgical site complications, hospital readmissions & post-op follow-up appointments
- Examine the efficacy, best practice use and techniques to manage the surgical site and enhance post-operative recovery using ciNPT via case studies and clinical outcomes
Target Audience: Physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of patients undergoing surgery
- In support of improving patient care, NACCME is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- PHYSICIANS | NACCME designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- NURSING | This continuing nursing education activity awards 1.00 contact hour. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #13255 for 1.00 contact hour.
- NURSE PRACTITIONER | American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Program accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS | NACCME has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with the AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- INTERPROFESSIONAL | This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 1 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
Release Date: May 27, 2021; Expiration Date: November 30, 2022
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
This program is supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division
Questions should be directed to: NACCME at 609-371-1137; firstname.lastname@example.org
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.