On-Demand Program: “Neuroanatomy & Physiology: Brain Structure & Function”
May 29, 2023
An event every month that begins at 12:00 am on day 29 of the month, repeating until May 31, 2023
Pfiedler Education* presents…“Neuroanatomy & Physiology: Brain Structure & Function”
The nervous system is commonly divided into the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system. The central nervous system consists of the brain and spinal cord while the peripheral nervous system is composed of the nerves that branch from the spinal cord and the autonomous nervous system. The autonomic nervous system is divided into the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
The brain controls thought, memory and speech, emotion, touch, motor movement, vision, hunger, and every process that regulates our body, such as heart rate, temperature and breathing.
The brain is an organized structure, and its components serve specific and important functions. In order to understand the pathology and disorders of the brain, it is important to be familiar with its normal structure and function.
- Describe the major structures of the brain and their corresponding functions
- Define gray matter and its components versus the white matter of the brain
- State the purpose of the meninges, ventricles, CSF, and cranial nerves
- Discuss brain circulation
- List various disease states of the brain
Target Audience: This continuing education activity is intended for a perioperative nurse or other healthcare professional who wants to learn more or needs to gain knowledge and skills in neuroanatomy and physiology.
Continuing Education: California Board of Registered Nursing; Association of periOperative Registered Nurses is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019 for 2.0 contact hours. Obtaining full credit for this offering depends upon attendance, regardless of circumstances, from beginning to end. Licensees must provide their license numbers for record-keeping purposes. The certificate of course completion issued at the conclusion of this course must be retained in the participant’s records for at least four (4) years as proof of attendance.
American Society of Radiologic Technologists ASRT. This activity is approved for 1.5 Category A CE credit(s) by the ASRT.
This continuing education activity was planned and provided in accordance with accreditation criteria. This material was produced in May 2021 and expires May 2023.
Healthcare organizations engaged in continuing medical, nursing, and allied health education have adopted standards to promote balanced and evidence-based content. This course is supported by funding provided by a commercial entity and complies with the intent of these standards. Pfiedler Education gratefully acknowledges educational funding provided by: Medtronic.
Questions? Contact Pfiedler Education at Pfiedler Webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 720-748-6144
* NOTE: This is a supplier & industry resource-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.