On-demand program: “Examining the Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy with Instillation and Hybrid Drapes”
3M Health Care,* the Center for Healing Solutions* & HMP Global* present…“Examining the Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy with Instillation and Hybrid Drapes”
Learning Objectives | After participating in this activity, learners should be better able to:
- Examine the application of negative pressure wound therapy with instillation (NPWT-i) in the post-acute care setting
- Review wound types/situations that may benefits from the application of NPWTi and those in which NPWTiwould not be appropriate
- Assess features of a novel hybrid polyurethane drape with acrylic adhesive and a silicone for use with NPWTin the post-acute setting
- Examine case studies utilizing negative pressure wound therapy with instillation and hybrid drapes for managing a variety of wound types
Michael N. Desvigne, M.D., FACS, CWS, FACCWS | Director Wound Reconstruction | Valley Wound Care Specialist | Abrazo Arrowhead Hospital
Ralph J. Napolitano, Jr., DPM, CWSP, FACFAS | Podiatrist & Wound Care Specialist Physician | Director, Wound Care & Healing | Ortho Neuro
Columbus, Ohio & Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor | Department of Specialty Medicine | Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
TARGET AUDIENCE: This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and podiatrists
across all practice settings involved in the prevention, treatment, and management of patients with wounds.
CE CREDIT | This on-demand webcast is available as a synchronized video with slides. To be eligible for credit, participants must complete the online activity and the evaluation. Upon completing the activity, there will be instructions on how to complete the evaluation and print a certificate or other documentation of credit.
Release Date: June 30, 2022
Expiration Date: November 30, 2023
Estimated Time to Complete: .75 hour
There is no fee associated with this activity.
In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
HMP Education is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. HMP Education has approved this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 continuing education contact hours.
Provided by HMP Education, an HMP Global Company. Supported by an educational grant from 3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division
Questions should be directed to: call 609-371-1137 or email email@example.com.
* NOTE: This is an industry resource and contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.