“Let’s Crunch Some Numbers: Calculations for a Pharmacy Technician”
HealthTrust presents…”Let’s Crunch Some Numbers: Calculations for a Pharmacy Technician”
Pharmacy Technicians in many facilities possess varying degrees of pharmaceutical math expertise. Seasoned technicians who work in the IV room often have a distinct understanding of essential calculations, however, performing calculations can be a challenge for newer and less experienced technicians. This session will highlight the impact mathematical errors can have on overall workflow, medication safety, inventory waste and ultimately patient care. The speaker will delineate pharmaceutical math calculations that are essential to a pharmacy technician’s daily tasks.
Learning Objectives for Pharmacy Technicians:
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Define key issues and negative outcomes that result from medication miscalculations
- Explain how to approach ratio, proportion, flow rate and percentage math problems involving one or multiple units of measurement
- Execute relevant and common pharmacy calculations needed for daily operations
Yesha D. Patel, PharmD | drug information resident | Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
Target Audience: Pharmacy Techs
Continuing Education Information: Approved for 1.0 Contact hours for Pharmacy Techs. Belmont University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0863-0000-19-024-L04-T.
Note about CE credit:
- If you plan to obtain credit for a live session, stay until the end of the presentation to receive the verification code you will need to obtain the continuing education credit.
- CE credit is individual. No group credit is available.
- Each person must register for a webinar and attend the webinar in its entirety in order to receive an email after the event with instructions on how to apply for continuing education credit.
- Attendees should not share the code or forward the email to others who did not actually attend the program. If they are not able to be verified on our webinar provider reports and registration list they will not receive credit.
- If you are joining only by phone, you will not be eligible for credit. You must also log in and join the visual portion of the webinar to be part of our CE provider-required reporting.