“Establishing Best Practice in Steam Sterilization Monitoring: BIs & CIs”
STERIS University* presents…“Establishing Best Practice in Steam Sterilization Monitoring: BIs & CIs”
The goal of sterility assurance is to verify and maintain the sterility of medical instrumentation until it is used on a patient. Healthcare professionals use a combination of products to ensure that the critical parameters of sterilization have been met, and this webinar will review two of those: Biological Indicators (BIs) and Chemical Indicators (CIs).
BIs are used to confirm the lethality of the sterilization process or cycle by demonstrating the process’s ability to kill a large population of resistant endospores. CIs provide evidence that one or more of the critical parameters have been achieved within critical areas of the sterilizer and packages.
- Identify the needs for using sterility assurance monitoring products
- Explain the design and use of Biological and Chemical Indicators
There is no fee associated with this program.
Target audience: Sterile Processing
Continuing education information: 1.25 CE Hour for CBRN, CBSPD, IAHCSMM. Continuing Education contact hours and certificates of attendance can only be awarded upon completion.
- CBSPD The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution
- IAHCSMM International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management
- STERIS Corporation is an approved provider of continuing education by the BASC (provider number 1417), and CBRN (provider number CEP 11681)
NOTE: Contracted supplier webinars are not endorsed by HealthTrust. The educational session may contain the mention of products and services not on contract with HealthTrust. Supplier webinars are offered as an educational resource to HealthTrust members. Contact your HealthTrust account director or supply chain leader information on contracted products and services.