“Differential Diagnosis in COPD”
ICON presents…In recognition of 2017 Fall Respiratory Care Week, ICON offers the following webinar free to its members: “Differential Diagnosis in COPD”
This lecture will briefly review Gold guidelines on the diagnosis of COPD, then describe some of the problems associated with misdiagnosis, as well as the primary reasons. I will also detail the literature on the most common misdiagnosis, including asthma CHE and obesity.
- Describe the importance of correct diagnosis of COPD, along with factors that may lead to misdiagnosis
- Describe the pathophysiology of asthma and CHF that may lead to incorrectly diagnosing COPD
- Describe the issues associated with COPD misdiagnosis in obesity
Speaker: Gail Drescher, MA, RRT, CTTS
Note: ICON does offer group credit for watching as a team.
QUESTIONS: (443) 992-7450 or email: 24×firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Hours: 1
CE Fee: FREE for members
Accredited by: AARC, ANCC, CaBon
Continuing Education Information:
- AARC: Application has been made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for continuing education contact hours for respiratory therapists.
- ANCC: The Education Unit at ICON is accredited as a provider with distinction of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- California Board of Registered Nursing: Intensive Care On-Line Network is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider CEP 15237
* ICON (Intensive Care On-line Network)