“Device Preparation, Packaging & VH2O2 Sterilization”
STERIS University* presents…“Device Preparation, Packaging & VH2O2 Sterilization”
There is more to low-temperature sterilization than pushing a button. Medical devices must be prepared properly, packaged correctly and sterilized all according to the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure a successfully sterilized item. All steps within the reprocessing loop must be completed correctly. In this program, you will learn about the critical steps to ensure the best outcomes for hydrogen peroxide sterilization.
Learning Objectives | At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Articulate factors that affect vaporized hydrogen peroxide sterilization
- Demonstrate techniques used to enclose medical devices
- Describe proper loading techniques
Continuing Education Information | 1.0 CE Hour – CBRN, CBSPD, IAHCSMM.
- Contact hours and certificates of attendance can only be awarded upon completion.
- Through a partnership with CCI, this program also meets CNOR and CSSM recertification requirements for perioperative nurses
- CBRN STERIS Corporation is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 11681 for 1.0 contact hours.
- CBSPD The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution – 1.0 contact hour
- IAHCSMM International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management – 1.0 contact hour
* NOTE: This is a contracted supplier-sponsored webinar. HealthTrust has not approved and/or endorsed the content. This program may contain the mention of products, services, drugs or brands presented in a case study or comparative format. Such examples are intended for educational and informational purposes and should not be perceived as a HealthTrust endorsement of any particular supplier, product, service, drug, brand or approach.