ICON presents…In recognition of 2017 Fall Respiratory Care Week, ICON* offers the following webinar free to its members: “APRV Concepts”
Airway Pressure Release Ventilation or APRV, while being available for almost 30 years is still often referred to as a “New” mode of ventilation. This lecture will familiarize the participants with the concepts behind the application of one form of APRV referred to as H-APRV. H- APRV has been developed by Dr. Nader Habashi at the University of Maryland’s Shock Trauma Center.
- Cite the benefits of spontaneous breathing
- Explain the concepts behind APRV as a form of protective lung ventilation
- Explain the role of pressure and time in lung recruitment and stabilization
Speaker: Geof Lear, RRT
Note: ICON does offer group credit for watching as a team.
QUESTIONS: (443) 992-7450 or email: 24×firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Hours: 1
FREE for members
AARC, ANCC, CaBon
Continuing Education Information:
- AARC: Application has been made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for continuing education contact hours for respiratory therapists.
- ANCC: The Education Unit at ICON is accredited as a provider with distinction of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- California Board of Registered Nursing: Intensive Care On-Line Network is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider CEP 15237
*Intensive Care On-line Network (ICON)